Re: bcc32 libpq compile problem

From: "f(dot)guidi(at)libero(dot)it" <f(dot)guidi(at)libero(dot)it>
To: "pgman" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bcc32 libpq compile problem
Date: 2005-04-28 06:48:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I done this
1) download the 8.0.2 source
2) unzipping all the tar.gz files in a directory
3) installing the borland c++ 5.5.1 freeware edition
4) in the directory interface libpq i changes the file bcc32.mak with the path of the compiler
5) launch the command make -f bcc32.mak
6) the result is that the directory result is not created and the message is simply that FILE NOT FOUND repeated about 20 times
7) if i create the directory result manually the message change with add the name of files that he don't find xxxx.obj

one question, can i compile directly the libpq or first i need to compile other packages ?

thanks in advance

fabio

> f(dot)guidi(at)libero(dot)it wrote:
> > hello, i need to compile a c program with borland bcc 5.5.
> > I try to link the lib included with the windows package but the compiler give me an error message .
> > I think i need to rebuild the libpq lib from the source with the borland bcc 5.5.
> >
> > I try to do this launching this command: make -f bcc32.mak but i receive a series of message like <filename.obj> not found.
> >
> > I changed the compiler path.
> >
> > What else i can do to try ?
> >

> First, use PostgreSQL 8.0.2, and then send us the exact error messages.
>
> --
> + If your life is a hard drive, | 13 Roberts Road
> + Christ can be your backup. | Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it