[7.4.2] Still "variable not found in subplan target lists"

From: "veramente(at)libero(dot)it" <veramente(at)libero(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-bugs" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [7.4.2] Still "variable not found in subplan target lists"
Date: 2004-04-15 18:59:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello all..

I have a 7.4.2 pg server and the situation is the following:

Table detorders with 69 columns, one of which is called docomment. There is a view based on this table called qrydorders and there are other 5 views which include qrydorders in there definitions. Today after changing (with pgadmin III) the datatype of qrydorders.docomment from varchar(255) to varchar(2500) i got the error "variable not found in subplan target lists" when a SELECT * from qrydorders WHERE did=101015 . Everything got back working after i dropped qrydorders and all of the views in cascade and then recreated them.

I saw this was a problem in the 7.4.1. Before installing 7.4.2 and recreating the database i dropped the old DB, removed the directory which contained the PG files, created a new one and recreated everything with initdb so i do not think its a mistake that i made when i installed the new PG.

Regards,

Fabrizio Mazzoni

pgsql-bugs by date

Subject: Re: Core Dump on SunOS + 7.3.3