postgresql redhat edition 3.0 problem installation

From: "gilmore(at)libero(dot)i" <gilmore(at)libero(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql redhat edition 3.0 problem installation
Date: 2004-03-08 13:03:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm trying to install Postgresql-Redhat edition 3,0, but when they come you execute the several tests begins them, I obtain a error:data directory check failed. I don't understand the problem.i'm using RedHat 9.0A, from which I have removed all the packages postgresql before trying the installation of postgresql redhat edition the 3.0. Thanks for the aid.