Re: Setting up pgaccess on Win2k

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "James" <james(at)openpie(dot)biz>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgaccess - developers" <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting up pgaccess on Win2k
Date: 2002-09-06 07:21:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I could not see if this has been answered.

James wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone advise on this ? I have install ActiveTcl which is needed
> by pgaccess, and also pgaccess-0.98.9p5.tar by extracting it into a
> particular drive.
>
> A couple of version of libpgtclxx.dllxx files can be found under the
> pgaccess/win32/dll folder.
> I know that I take either one of those files and rename into
> libpgtcl.dll, and put it under WINNT/system folder.
>
> What are the steps for specifying the paths to libpgtcl.dll eg PGLIB,
> PGACCESS_HOME
>
> It seems to me that the pgaccess.tcl file is unable to find the paths
> even though I created those above environment variables.

When I installed it I did not have to specify any paths. Try putting
them in different places - in system32 or directly in WINNT. Also - see
if you have renamed them correctly - form one file you need to remove a
number only form the extension and from the other - also from the name.

Iavor