Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgaccess - developers" <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>
Subject: Re: the current 'schema' tab - renaming ideas
Date: 2002-09-04 19:43:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Iavor and terry:

> >> Correct. Was lazy to look it up. Does this change something?
>
> Not really, I was just following up on the discussion about the
> incorrect use of the term Relations by MS Access. I don't think that
> Relationships is a bad tab label - except that it's a bit
> long for the
> current size tabs :).
>
> Access's Relationships are all placed on one canvas, regardless of
> whether or not there are several independent diagrams
> present. If this
> model is to be used by pgaccess, it would make just as much sense to
> put 'Relationships' into the Database menu instead of a tab,
> since the
> New, Open, and Design actions would not mean anything.
>
> the-$0.02-of-an-old-Access-developer-wishing-the-best-to-pgaccess ...

There are no tabs anymore. The new interface is... you should download
and see it.

Also - there was the idea to rename 'Schema' to 'Diagrams' as there can
be many such - snapshots of different parts of the database. Useful when
one has to write a documentation (I did this once).

And then - a 'visual referential integrity manager' (a future feature)
that will allow referential integrity to be viewed/created/edited in a
visual manner.

So - for the native speakers - there is an option the 'Visual
referential integrity manager' to be called 'Relationships'.

Any native comments?

Iavor