Exporting Microsoft Access tables to PostgreSQL

From: "Markus Meyer" <meyer(at)mesw(dot)de>
Subject: Exporting Microsoft Access tables to PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-10-16 17:12:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi folks,

how can I reliably export Microsoft Access tables to PostgreSQL? I tried
using the ODBC driver, but that doesn't keep all datatypes and doesn't
create indexes and stuff correctly. Also, I tried a VBA script I found on
the PostgreSQL website, but it has some bugs with creating indexes and
primary keys. Therefore the SQL code it creates only executes with errors.
Before I rewrite that thing I'm asking you, if you have a quicker/better
solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Markus

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Fu, RobertDate: 2001-10-17 17:52:09