Re: Good tutorial wanted...

From: "Robert J(dot) Sanford, Jr(dot)" <rsanford(at)nolimitsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Good tutorial wanted...
Date: 2002-03-08 21:20:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

yes, i do mean aside from that. those like nice little one-off's
and if i'm not really interested in a flash CBT i might not go
there. techdocs has a LOT of information on there but if you just
click on those little links or think that the only thing there is
the CBT and ignore the links then you miss out.

i beat my head against the wall for about three days trying to
get postgresql to build on my osx box when i was digging through
the archives and discovered that techdocs has a rather nice
section on installation as well as links to pre-built binaries
that aren't directly downloadable in the official download dirs.

in the "user's lounge" the link to techdocs is referred to as
"non-faq documentation" which says almost nothing. it obviously
isn't the faq becuase it says so and it isn't the official docs
because there's another section for those. so what is it?

techdocs is a very useful section of the website and the rest
of the site does it a disservice by not giving it the press
that it deserves. make it stand out so that when somebody new
comes along they know that there is a lot more info out there
that can be useful.

rjsjr