Re: odd psql behaviour on OSX

From: "Robert J(dot) Sanford, Jr(dot)" <rsanford(at)nolimitsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odd psql behaviour on OSX
Date: 2002-04-25 21:21:14
Lists: pgsql-general

okay, i added in the machine to netinfo manager and now it works. i can
use psql to hit the internal address at work using either the ip address
or the name that i labelled it as in netinfo manager. i can also hit the
public ip at home from here at work.

when i get home i will see if i can hit the home server's private ip as
well as the work server public ip.

i have to say that i don't understand why psql could not see the servers
without this. actually, i'm guessing from previous emails that it isn't
psql but one of the system libs that psql uses that needs some addresses
to be explicity mapped. i just don't understand.

rjsjr