Re: Postgres Log Rolling

From: heatherm(at)famoice(dot)com
To: nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Log Rolling
Date: 2002-02-20 22:11:08
Lists: pgsql-admin
Naomi,

We're using Red Hat Linux logrotate to do this
A file we called pgsql is put in the /etc/logrotate.d directory, it's
contents are as follows
/var/log/pgsql {
    rotate 5
    copytruncate
    daily
    size=1k
}
This rotates the log files each morning when the daily cron jobs are
run. We found copytruncate to be the key, since without it the logs
weren't rotated.
Hope this helps
Heather Murray.