In 7.4 ensure you have DEFAULT now () with no spaces

From: "David B" <postgresql(at)thegatelys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: In 7.4 ensure you have DEFAULT now () with no spaces
Date: 2004-06-18 18:29:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

Just a heads up folks...

In converting from 7.3 to 7.4 one got-ya we had was...

We had been testing 7.4 for a few days and just noticed that some tables had
created_timestamp rows with a date/time of the date the DB was created...not
the date/time the insert was done.

Looking at those tables the create DDL's for those few tables contained now
()
as in:

created_timestamp timestamp DEFAULT now () -- note the space between now
and ()

Most had correctly been defined without the space - as in now()

Simple matter of doing ALTER TABLE x ALTER COLUMN y SET DEFAULT now() while
still in 7.3 to fix.

7.4 Migration documentation does mentions this but it can easily slip by as
it did with us...

---