Re: contrib features during beta period

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: contrib features during beta period
Date: 2002-08-30 04:54:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well basically we have it all done, except neither of us has time to test at
the moment. Florian is free after sept 1st. Basically it adds full word
match support, stop words but keeps full backward compatibility. We are
getting a segfault in the new function (fti2) but the old is still working
fine.

I've also updated the docs and added a new WARNING file that strongly
discourages the use of contrib/fulltextindex in favour of contrib/tsearch.

Also, there's regression tests, etc.

I personally have switched to tsearch now exclusively but I promised Florian
I'd review his stuff so I want to get it in.

Maybe I'll try to figure out the bug today or tommorrow and commit it if I
can...

Chris