Re: 7.2 stuff

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.2 stuff
Date: 2002-02-25 02:44:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Tom - there's a comment for you further down...

> > This problem is also what's stopped me submitting the ALTER TABLE / ADD
> > PRIMARY stuff. Once the ADD UNIQUE bit is correct, ADD PRIMARY
> is trivial.
> >
> > (See: http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1035632) I suggest
> > reading the complete thread. I have fixed some of the problems in my
> > private cvs, but no patch has been sent in...
> >
> > Some of the issues perhaps I should send in a patch for ASAP??

All of the above is a non-issue - it was implemented by tom in the parser,
and my code was removed. Howver, add primary key needs a regression test.

> > > key already exists
> > > would a catalog
> >
> > Is there a pg_get_* function for getting foreign key definitions yet?

I still want to do the above - however Stephen Sazbo has ideas about
changing all the fk stuff...

> > Yeah, committed.

Committed - it needs a regression test tho.

> > Wrote them, but they're uncommitted. Don't worry about them until 7.3.

I'll dredge this up again if I can. All it does is add a standards
compliant alternative syntax for dropping those constraints. Tom - can you
just do this in the parser, like you did it for the ADD constraints???

> > This is a toughie this one!

And also depends on future fk changes.

> > It looked to me that pgclass.relfkeys wasn't ever being set or
> updated. Is
> > this true/correct?

Correct.

> > > or once schemas
> >
> > That was just one of my little wish lists. I have a database
> with about a
> > hundred tables in it and related sets of tables all share the
> same prefix.
> > For instance, I would like to be able to pg_dump all the diary
> tables in one
> > go.
> >
> > ie. pg_dump -t diary_\* audb > dump.sql
> >
> > Don't know if there would be widespread enough demand for this feature
> > tho...

The above would be a nice feature...

> plus I think the
> constraint