WebDB Developers Wanted

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "ppa-dev" <phppgadmin-devel(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Dan Wilson" <killroyboy(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: WebDB Developers Wanted
Date: 2002-09-16 08:52:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-php

Hi Everyone,

The phpPgAdmin project is currently getting stuck into the development of
the next-generation web admin software for Postgres. We are rewriting from
scratch to remove the old, crufty phpMyAdmin coding style. We are also
suffering from a lack of active developers. Those of you currently using
phpPgAdmin will not be able to use it with Postgres 7.3 - we'll have to
finish WebDB first! We can do it faster, and with the features you want if
you help us!

Currently, WebDB is getting towards the 'usable' stage, so it's not like
you'd have to work with bare-bones code.

Aims:

* Nice OO model - no SQL in the interface scripts and supporting different
versions of Postgres is trivial.
* Old phpPgAdmin codebase is too hard to make 7.3 compliant
* Works with register_globals off
* ALL strings escaped, quoted, etc properly
* Database independent. Althought currently Postgres oriented, it is
designed in such a way that the same app can admin MySQL, Oracle, or
whatever - simultaneously.
* All fonts, colours and images done with stylesheets and themes
* Easy to read coding style, everything commented
* Max error reporting
* Security conscious

You can find us on SourceForge here:

http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/?page=project

If you want to get into developing this new version, please checkout the
'webdb' module, NOT the old phppgadmin module.

Developers mailing list: phppgadmin-devel(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net

Regards,

Chris