"DELETE FROM" protection

From: "Jeremy Smith" <jer(at)highboard(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "DELETE FROM" protection
Date: 2004-02-20 06:05:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
This may be an all-time idiotic question, but when I used phpmysql, when I
would type in a "DELETE FROM" query in the SQL window, it would make me
confirm it before I allowed it to go through.  I don't think in all of the
presumably thousands of times that I used it that I ever canceled out of the
statement, but I always liked that it is there.

So now with pgsql, when I am typing "DELETE FROM...." until I get to the
"WHERE" part of the statement, I get a little nervous because I know hitting
Enter by mistake will wipe out that table.  Of course, I have backups, but
it is a live site with alot of traffic and I would hate to have to shut
things down while I restored the DB.

Anyway, this may all seem silly, but is there a setting in pgsql to do this?

Thanks,
Jeremy