Hard limit on result handles reached ...

From: "Paul Andre" <andrep(at)jnra(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Hard limit on result handles reached ...
Date: 2001-06-26 13:17:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Error: hard limit on result handles reached is not a valid query result"

I received this message while running a loop that called an insert into a table.
It seem to happen sometime after the hundredth insert.

When I connected and disconnected to the database for each insert (I know,
overkill), I found I could run without incident.

Stack trace showed it had a problem with the tcl command "pg_result
$query -error". I use this to show whether errors occurred during the run.

My question is, am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is there some
counter I need to reset?

Thanks,

Paul André
JNR Associates