Linking to SQL server

From: "Brian J(dot) Hoppe" <brian(at)smtresource(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linking to SQL server
Date: 2002-12-10 20:55:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello List,

I don’t know if such a thing exists, and I have been looking in the archives
and haven’t found what I’m looking for.  Here’s my question:

I am trying to find a way to link a table in a remote SQL Server database to
my pgsql database.  Is there a way to do this without a middleman such as
Access?  I am able to link the tables from both databases in access, but I
want to be able to control it all from the Linux machine.  Any suggestions
on how to accomplish this?  I am pretty sure there are ways because I have
seen some different threads on message boards, but no good instructions.
Basically, I will be happy if I can treat one of the tables on SQL server as
if it were in my PostgreSQL database.  Any and all comments and suggestions
appreciated!

Brian Hoppe

Manager, E-Commerce Development & IT
SMTResource Group, LLC