Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names
Date: 2002-03-28 14:20:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Aha. The unicode enabled v3 driver is returning the column names correctly.
Thanks.

I'm still not getting update/insert/delete commands though, either with or
without the OdbcCommandBuilder. I must admit confused by you saying I don't
need it though, I thought the whole point was that the DataAdaptor *didn't*
spend time figuring out the queries & their parameters unless explicitly
told to (from the Microsoft docs):

The OdbcDataAdapter does not automatically generate the SQL statements
required to reconcile changes made to a DataSet associated with the data
source. However, you can create an OdbcCommandBuilder object that generates
SQL statements for single-table updates by setting the SelectCommand
property of the OdbcDataAdapter. Then, the OdbcCommandBuilder generates any
additional SQL statements that you do not set.

Regards, Dave.