Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names
Date: 2002-03-28 09:33:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes, thanks. Unfortunately though, both my problems remain.

- The ODBC3 driver returns 'Column1','Column2' etc as the column names (the
2.5 driver is fine).

- DataAdapter.Update won't work (yet) because the OdbcCommandBuilder won't
generate the insert/update/delete queries *I assume* because the driver
doesn't give it all the info it needs (the errors in the logs?). Manually
building the queries and their associated parameters is possible (but a
*lot* of work) assuming you have knowledge of the database at design time.
Of course, with something like pgAdmin this is not possible.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-odbc by date