Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC ODBC3.0/Column Names
Date: 2002-03-26 21:49:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The attached archive, includes logs from the 2.5 & v3 drivers from my test
program (also included so you can see what it's doing). These logs are also
relevant to the other problem I reported (subject: .NET ODBC Data
Provider).

> > foreach(DataColumn dcDB in dsDB.Tables[0].Columns)
> > Console.WriteLine("{0} ({1})", dcDB.ColumnName,
> dcDB.DataType);
> >
> > I also found that the table name isn't returned for either
> > driver,
>
> Probably you can see the table name if you check the *Parse
> Statement* option. The *Parse Statement* is the only option
> that could give us the table name or the base column name
> (if the column has an alias). The other options(Premature
> execution or Disallow Premature) couldn't give us the infos.

Parse Statement doesn't do it. It may be a .NET thing though - maybe it only
gets set if I open a table by name rather than using an SQL query which I
don't think I can do with the ODBC provider (.NET has a common DataSet class
which contains disconnected data from one or more tables in one or more data
sources - the data is put there by a DataAdaptor, for which there are OleDB,
Odbc & Sqlclient variants).

Regards, Dave.

Attachment Content-Type Size
logs.zip application/octet-stream 6.9 KB