Re: Getting name of sequence for a table

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Nicolas Ribot' <nicolas(dot)ribot(at)scot(dot)cnes(dot)fr>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting name of sequence for a table
Date: 2002-03-17 20:28:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

This is way off-topic for this list, but:

pg_attrdef.adrelid = the oid of your table
pg_attrdef.adnum = the column number you're interested in
pg_attrdef.adsrc = nextval('seq_name'::text)

For further help, checkout the catalog diagrams in the developers guide, and
try a PostgreSQL support list.

Regards, Dave.