Re: Devel / Release on same pc / Mark's ZIP of

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd'" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Devel / Release on same pc / Mark's ZIP of
Date: 2002-03-07 08:48:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yeah, Migration is the exception but it is distributed seperately. I did
have major plans to rewrite it, unfortunately the ODBC spec didn't provide
the apis I needed. Anyway, long story short - I took the old Migration code
and ported it, but because it's the most widely worked on part of the old
code, I couldn't easily get permission to change the licence from all the
contributors. So, it remains GPL'd and is distributed seperately to be safe.

> Ta. Sort of guessed there are troubles between a devel and a release
> version on same PC. I will follow this guidance. I did a
> buildall anyway,
> which helped, but I dont get many addins in the menu, so I
> will remove
> devel and do build all to see if much changes.

Don't forget, you'll only see the connection debugging tools _until_ you've
connected to a database...

> I also got Mark's zip file installed and have started to tour
> round it a
> bit. Slowly getting up to speed on the basic layout of all
> code and object
> model. Well done with pgSchema, I can see how this is making life
> considerably easier.
>
> Has anyone else put on Mark's code yet to see where its up
> to? (other than
> Mark himself of course!)

I haven't seen it, but would certainly be interested to at some point...

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Mark A. TaffDate: 2002-03-07 09:10:47