Re: Multibyte ODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multibyte ODBC
Date: 2002-02-28 09:10:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-odbc

Please excuse my ignorance on this one Hiroshi, but just about everything I
read is getting me more confused :-(

I assume by locale, in this context you mean Windows local - what it calls
it's regional settings? If so, I think this is still a problem because what
we are trying to achieve (at least in Access as it seems VB won't do it) is
display of multiple languages at once. For example, in a fictional case
someone may have a Unicode database that may contain data in Japanese
(UTF-8), French, English and maybe other languages (Jean-Michel may even be
in this situation now).

Access can do this quite happily with it's native tables (with no locale
changes), it's just the linked PostgreSQL tables that don't want to work
:-(.

Regards, Dave