Re: Escaping quotes and double-quotes problem

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Escaping quotes and double-quotes problem
Date: 2002-02-24 22:10:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yes please. The Source property should return the code that the user typed
in in the first place (i.e. with the doubled quotes). By keeping the Source
correct, then the SQL property will work with no modification, as will
frmFunction in pgAdmin which displays/updates the Source property, not the
SQL. If the fix is in the SQL property, then the quotes will be lost when
the user edits or displays the function.

Regards, Dave.