Re: Working oin pgAdmin2

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Working oin pgAdmin2
Date: 2002-02-24 20:19:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hmmm.

> This demonstrates we could easily "mask" all SQL in pgSchema->Tables,
> Triggers, etc... And it could be possible to do the same in
> pgAdmin2. This
> makes it easy for developpers as they do not have to care for
> SQL. And this
> is the beauty of the code to mask SQL.

If a developer working on pgSchema cannot code the required SQL, then this
is *not* the project for him to be hacking. That's like a cowboy who can't
use a lassoo...

> Ultimately, this will allow an ***easy*** implementation of
> abstraction
> layers to query MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL Server from pgAdmin2.

I am not interested in implementing this., at least nothing more than can be
achieved via the ODBC API alone.

> This is not for now are there are more important
> projects (ALTER TABLE,
> Cygwin installer) going on.

Yes.

Regards, Dave.