I just took a look at the latest ALTER VIEW code. Sorry, but I have a number
of problems with this version:
1) Don't create the view twice, create the fake one then rename it - it's
less expensive and avoids the potential for the second create to fail.
2) The szOldDefintion stuff can now be removed.
3) The OID and Definition could be retrieved in one operation rather than 2.
4) A class library such as this should _never_ display any user interface.
That is the job of the application.
5) The modifications to the SQL property are messy & mainly unnecessary
(certainly with #1 above - that just needs bDrop & szViewName).
6) The iLogEvent "Entering..." code should be immediately after the On Error
code, not in the middle of the function.
7) The Comment cache is not being invalidated.
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Jean-Michel POURE||Date: 2002-02-22 22:11:21|
|Subject: Re: ALTER VIEW|
|Previous:||From: Jean-Michel POURE||Date: 2002-02-22 22:06:36|