Re: Pseudo modification of views and triggers

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr'" <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pseudo modification of views and triggers
Date: 2002-02-19 20:20:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Cool, I'll review it shortly.

> This seems to work fine. I will do the same for triggers and
> commit tomorrow
> after testing.

OK.

> I enabled pseudo-modification features only for >= 7.3. IMHO
> this is better
> to avoid confusion (or we would get questions like "why can
> we modify views
> and not functions?" from 7.1 users).

Sounds reasonable.

> One question : why did you keep the .ddl compatibility with
> previous dll
> versions? It is not necessary as the .dll is loaded at every
> startup. No?

Because it avoids having to recompile pgAdmin and all the plugins *every*
time pgSchema is rebuilt to fix a minor bug. If you need to break
compatibility though, then it's not a problem.

Cheers, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-02-19 20:58:48