Re: PGAdmin connection failure

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Rob Caulfield'" <rob(dot)caulfield(at)framestore-cfc(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGAdmin connection failure
Date: 2002-02-12 20:31:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Rob,

I don't know of any who is using pgAdmin II with ident, so to be honest, I
don't know if it will work or not. The error you're getting at the moment
sounds like you do not have an ident server running on your Win2K machine.
This is not a standard feature of Windows so you would need to get one from
somewhere else.

Another option would be to use password authentication which certainly
should work.

Regards, Dave.