Re: pgMigrate

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Brett Maton'" <matonb(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgMigrate
Date: 2002-01-11 15:47:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

This should'nt be necessary (though your code looks OK. Under Tools ->
Options in pgAdmin, just set the Log Level to 'Debug' and then reconnect to
the target database. All the SQL & error messages should then end up in the
logfile (usually C:\pgAdmin_nnnn.log).

> but I get an error message when I try to run my modified plugin:
>
> An error has occured in pgAdmin II:frmMain.mnuPluginsPlg_Click:
>
> Number: 13

That's a common one. Just make sure you have a complete matched set of dlls
- in particular pgAbsPlg.dll and pgSchema.dll. You should also make sure
your build is compatible with a stock pgMigration.dll.

> I'm not sure how the date / time is being passed to Postgres, but was
> thinking if it's sent over in a long string format (11
> January 2002) pg will
> store it correctly

Actually we normally use yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss (ISO-8601?) which should work
no matter what your locale is. However, this doesn't appear to be the case
in this code - I'll look into it (probably be later today now).

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-01-14 15:01:44
Previous:From: Brett MatonDate: 2002-01-11 15:15:11
Subject: pgMigrate