Re: MS SQL Migration

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'futrzak'" <futrzak(at)archie(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MS SQL Migration
Date: 2002-01-10 21:51:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> -----Original Message-----
> From: futrzak [mailto:futrzak(at)archie(dot)dhs(dot)org]
> Sent: 10 January 2002 18:55
> To: Dave Page
> Subject: Re: MS SQL Migration

Hi Artur,

I've CC'd this to the pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org mailling list - we
should probably keep these discussions on that list so we have the archives
and the other developers know what we're doing.

> I'm sending changed sources of Migration Plugin.
>
> Changes:
>
> Added support for MSSQL server (tested on same installations
> MSSQL 7 & MSSQL 2000).

Very useful.

> Some fixes to correct recognizing
> adNumeric type.

I can't believe I missed that! Thanks.

> Fix for correct registry read for type
> mappings.

Ooops, I obviously missed that when I ported the code to pgAdmin II. Thanks.

> Please, check my source and send your opinion about my code.

I've made a few minor tidy-ups but on the whole it looks pretty good,
thanks. The only problems I found, were in the alignment/size of the
controls, and the bIsAutoIncrement function which was missing the logging at
the function entry (as was my function above it!) - both now fixed.

I have also set the quote char to " which I believe is correct for SQL
(unless I misread the docs) - please let me know if you think this is wrong.

I do have one question - you hard-coded the size for numeric columns - is it
broken for all providers?

Many thanks for the code,

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-01-11 09:44:22
Subject: Re: pgAdmin & .NET