Re: BUG - dropping `{` & `}` in plperl

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Mark A(dot) Taff'" <mark(at)libertycreek(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG - dropping `{` & `}` in plperl
Date: 2001-12-23 21:17:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A. Taff [mailto:mark(at)libertycreek(dot)net]
Sent: 21 December 2001 22:02
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-hackers] BUG - dropping `{` & `}` in plperl

While writing libraries of functions in the execute SQL pane, whenever I
cut, copy, paste, or drag n' drop, either from the same pane or different
panes, the brace characters `{}` disappear.  It is quite a pain to have to
add them back in every time.  This only affects plperl as far as I can tell.
I am running win2k, AMD K62-400 256MB, pgadmin 1.1.72, ODBC 7.19, PostgreSQL
7.1.3
 Confirmed and fixed for the next release. Actually this is a display bug in
the Highlightbox control, so affects any text. If you enter a couple of
braces in a box, then paste at least two more characters in in a single
paste operation, the original 2 braces will vanish. Thanks for the bug
report.
Also in plperl functions, `#` cannot be used as a comment character, only
`--`, and then only at the beginning of a line.  I do not know if this is a
bug in plperl or pgadmin, but it is bothersome.
 I suspect this is because # is an operator, however I can't easily test
this at the moment. pgAdmin does seem to handle them OK, and certainly won't
remove them from any queries you write.
On the wishlist, a tab function for indenting function code in the SQL pane
would be very nice.  I like to indent 4 characters, and right now that means
a lot of spacing.
I have considered an auto-tab function that will duplicate the number of
spaces at the beginning of the previous line - would that suffice?
Incidently, to insert a real tab, use Control-Tab rather than just Tab.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Mark A. TaffDate: 2001-12-23 23:40:08
Previous:From: Mark A. TaffDate: 2001-12-21 22:02:27
Subject: BUG - dropping `{` & `}` in plperl