Re: Speed, and comment on user interface

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'fred(at)ontosys(dot)com'" <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Speed, and comment on user interface
Date: 2001-12-20 16:41:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Ahh, thought so. On a lan there shouldn't be enough traffic for compression
to make much difference, but on a dialup it's a different matter.

> While we're on the general subject, I have a comment on the
> user interface in pgAdmin: Why aren't objects listed in the
> detail pane (upper right) double-clickable, as would be
> standard in a typical "explorer" type interface?
>
> For example, when I click on the 'Databases' object in the
> tree pane (left side) I get a list of databases on the right.
> But double-clicking any of those database names has no
> effect. I'd like it to drill into that database, just like
> what happens if I expand the Databases object in the tree
> pane and then single-click the database name in the same tree.

That's on my (personal) list for the 1.4 release (1.2 will be any day now,
1.3 will be dev code, 1.4 the next stable). It probably won't drill into the
database as such, because it would have to list collections of objects which
the list pane never does, but will probably open the properties for that
object.

Regards, Dave.