Skip site navigation (1) Skip section navigation (2)

advice on Replication for a Specific Scenario

From: "Donald Kerr" <donald(dot)kerr(at)dkerr(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: advice on Replication for a Specific Scenario
Date: 2012-02-27 21:38:50
Message-ID: FEC636A349FF4960BB6AC7A823E2459F@DELLM4500 (view raw or flat)
Thread:
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackerspgsql-general
Hopefully this question is posted in the correct list. Apologies if that's
not the case.
 
It's quite a simple question but I am not sure of the answer.
 
The scenario is a server (master database - PostgreSQL/PostGIS) containing
gis information (lots of it - Maybe up to 80Gb in about 25 tables). This
serves maps to clients across an internal intranet. There are also 200
clients (maybe up to 400 in the future) that are mobile, i.e. in vehicles,
each with there own readonly copy of PostgreSQL/PostGIS serving maps locally
on the vehicles. If I update tables with fresh information on the master, on
a quarterly basis, I would like these updates to be trickled out to the
copies that exist on the vehicles. The vehicles are on wireless lan for
about 80% of the time but are out and about for the other 20%.
 
Any hints and tips would be appreciated.
 
Regards,
 
Donald
 
 

Responses

pgsql-cluster-hackers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2012-02-29 01:26:48
Subject: Re: 3rd Cluster Hackers Summit, May 15th in Ottawa
Previous:From: Koichi SuzukiDate: 2012-02-27 08:16:42
Subject: Re: 3rd Cluster Hackers Summit, May 15th in Ottawa

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: James B. ByrneDate: 2012-02-27 21:45:13
Subject: Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1
Previous:From: Adrian KlaverDate: 2012-02-27 21:37:24
Subject: Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-9.1

Privacy Policy | About PostgreSQL
Copyright © 1996-2014 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group