Re: Bug

From: Vincent Predoehl <vpredoehl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug
Date: 2008-12-30 22:02:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:56 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Vincent Predoehl wrote:
>>> This is not the config.log file from the run that produced the
>>> warning you are complaining about.
>> I did run configure several times since the error.  I know nothing
>> of autoconf and didn't know to save the config.log file.  I just
>> ran ./configure again for 8.3.5 and did not get the error.  I have
>> installed other things since the error that probably fixed it.  If
>> you know what package contains krb5.h, I can try to reproduce it.
>> Otherwise, it seems to be working fine now.
>
> The warning is about krb5.h, so in order to reproduce it, you
> should probably at least put --with-krb5 into the configure line.
>
> If we are to analyze the problem, then we must look at the
> config.log file from the configure run that shows the warning.
>
> In general, I think you are the first to show this problem, so it
> is possible that it is a local misconfiguration rather than a
> general bug.

I agree, running with --with-krb5 did not produce the error.  I think
the postgresql package installed by fink may have caused the problem,
or maybe it was a permission problem.  I ran into that before

Either way, I think your software is good.  If something happens in
the future, at least I will know to keep config.log.

--
Vincent