Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?
Date: 2009-10-22 00:39:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to have psql ignore the line I am typing?
That is, similar to '#' with unix shell. What I would
like is to document my interaction with psql. If an
exclamation mark were a comment character, I may type
something like:

silver=# ! I need to find out if data tagged as KIAA
silver=# ! got into silver database last night.
silver=#
silver=# select type, name, marker
silver-# from marker_table
silver-# where tag LIKE 'KIAA%';

It would be nice to be able to jot down what little stream
of thoughts come to my finger tip while I converse with
psql.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tena Sakai