Re: restoring from dump

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Jeff Frost" <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: restoring from dump
Date: 2008-08-24 03:32:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

At psql prompt, I tried:
drop database myDB;
and it told me:
ERROR: cannot drop the currently open database

Does this mean I have to issue
pg_ctl stop
before I issue
"drop database myDB;"?
But if I do so, then how would I get to psql prompt
at all?

How would I get around this catch-22 situation?
Any advice appreciated.

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu