Re: restoring from dump

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Jeff Frost" <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: restoring from dump
Date: 2008-08-22 22:51:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
Many thanks, Jeff.

I am now clued in as to what "postgres" means in the
context of "psql -f infile postgres".  Also, thanks
for a tip for stdout and stderr redirection.

What I am still a bit shaky is whether or not I should
issue "createdb" prior to restore.  I would appreciate
it if you could elucidate.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu