Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 to 8.3

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Ray Stell" <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>, "Kranti K K Parisa?" <kranti(dot)parisa(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 to 8.3
Date: 2008-04-14 20:24:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I consider myself poor, inexperienced postgres
administrator (which is not really my job, but
we cannot afford a dba), but I moved from 8.2.3
to 8.3.0 about a month ago. It took some planning
and reading, but with the preparation I did, it
went pretty smooth. Just my 2 bits as a first-
hand experience.

Also in a recent linux magazine (I don't know if
that's your platform or not, but...) there was
this article: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/5679
which may be a good source of information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu