current_query column of pg_stat_activity view

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: current_query column of pg_stat_activity view
Date: 2008-01-15 01:35:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi everybody,

I have an application that emits query to postgres
(running v 8.2.4 on Dell Hardware/Redhat enterprise
server) and I want to look at what postgres receives.

The only way I know to do so is to run a view called
pg_stat_activity, which gives me a column called
current_query.  It so happens that the application is
issuing a long query with a few ANDs and what appears
in the current_query column does not seem to be the
whole thing.  Is there any way I can look at the
entire query string?

Thank you.

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu