On my postgres 8.1.1, I get a response
psql: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers
A few questions come to mind...
1) Is this to do with max_connections setting in the postgres
configuration file? (my setting is 100 (I think this is the
2) how would I look at the "open/used" connections?
3) should I try restarting postgres without changing the setting?
4) what repercussion would there be if I increase this number to,
say, 200? (and would that be a good idea?)
5) finally, what's the best fix? (Do I need to go to pgpool?)
Many thanks in advance.
pgsql-admin by date
|Next:||From: Jonah H. Harris||Date: 2007-11-30 20:03:31|
|Subject: Re: connection limit exceeded|
|Previous:||From: Campbell, Lance||Date: 2007-11-30 19:46:53|
|Subject: Enhancement request|