Re: basic download and setup questions

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: basic download and setup questions
Date: 2004-12-17 00:52:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Luiz,

On Dec 16, 2004, at 4:34 PM, Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:

> This User Account can be viewed by the "computer management" program
> in windows XP
> ( Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management )
> In this program acess the topic :
> System Tools -> Local Users and Groups -> Users
> Right click the postgres user and you can set a new password, delete
> or change the properties for this account.

As Ray indicated, this is probably only XP Server/Professional. On XP
Home, there is no "Local Users and Groups" item under system tools.

But I'm glad you mentioned this because I was certainly wondering where
the Services control panel was. Things were so much easier to find on
NT :).

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/