Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Intel SSDs that may not suck
Date: 2011-03-29 16:50:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Jesper Krogh wrote:

> Are you replacing the drives with new once, or just secure-erase and
> back in?
> What kind of numbers are you drawing out of smartmontools in usage
> figures?
> (Also seeing some write-stalls here, on 24 Raid50 volumes of x25m's,
> and
> have been planning to cycle drives for quite some time, without
> actually
> getting to it.

we have some new drives that we are going to use initially, but
eventually it'll be a secure-erase'd one we replace it with (which
should perform identical to a new one)

What enclosure & controller are you using on the 24 disk beast?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/