Migrating Postgres from one linux box to another

From: "Hardwick, Dave" <Dave(dot)Hardwick(at)beaconfire(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Migrating Postgres from one linux box to another
Date: 2004-11-15 16:49:44
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hello,

    We need to migrate a Postgres database (not sure which version,
7.x.x) from one linux box to another.  We actually need to that two
times...once to a staging server and again to a new production server.

    The data and structure should remain the same, we don't want to make
any changes to the database structure or the data during this migration.
We simply want to setup the existing database structure and data on two
new servers.

    If you can assist, then please contact me using the information in
my signature below.  Please provide costs estimates and assumptions.  If
you have additional questions that need to be answers before providing
an estimate, then please do not hesitate to ask.

   Best regards,
        Dave

Dave Hardwick
Beaconfire Consulting
StrategytMarketingtTechnology
Solutions Architecttdave(dot)hardwick(at)beaconfire(dot)com
<mailto:Architecttdave(dot)hardwick(at)beaconfire(dot)com>
306 N. Washington StreettFalls Church, VA 22046
www.beaconfire.com <http://www.beaconfire.com/> t703.543.1559 x27

Please join us for one of our upcoming Executive Dialogues in December.
For more information, visit: http://www.beaconfire.com/news/events/
<http://www.beaconfire.com/news/events/>

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-11-17 06:56:07
Previous:From: Robert BernierDate: 2004-11-02 15:31:01
Subject: creating an informix job bank