access multiple PostgreSQL Databases at the same time.

From: Louie Kwan <lkwan(at)nuvo(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: access multiple PostgreSQL Databases at the same time.
Date: 2004-03-24 20:09:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

Due to some security issues, we need to separate the data for one customer
into a separate PostgreSQL box/server.

My question is that how could we have sql statements which allow us to
access multiple PostgreSQL databases at the same time. Not separate schema,
but in different postgresql server.

Is there a way to SELECT tables or create JOINs from multiple databases JDBC
or psql . I aware that Oracle has Database Link concept.

Any tip will help. I did some search on previous posting, but cannot find
much.

Louie Kwan