PGSQL Config

From: Brad Rhine <brad(at)truetech(dot)org>
To: PGSQL Novices <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL Config
Date: 2004-11-19 16:35:10
Lists: pgsql-novice
I've developed a solution for my school that will use PostgreSQL as our
backend. I'm pleased with the performance, but so far we've only done
testing in small groups. We go live with the system fairly soon, but
I'm not terribly familiar with the postgresql.conf file. I was
wondering what advice you might have for my particular configuration.
I'll be running on a dual 2 GHz G5 XServe with 1 GB RAM. I could have
upwards of 300 people accessing the server at any given time, although
the load will usually be closer to 100. Most people will be creating
and updating records. I guess I'm wondering most about how high I
should set max_connections, shared_buffers, etc. They'll be using a
client application, not a web-based system. Thanks in advance for any
help you can provide.

--
brad(at)truetech(dot)org
http://truetech.org

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: sarlav kumarDate: 2004-11-19 18:38:57