SOLVED Re: _penalty gist method invoked with one key NULL

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SOLVED Re: _penalty gist method invoked with one key NULL
Date: 2005-10-28 00:55:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry for all this crap, this is bullocks.
reason was, one of internal functions didn't filled out length value,
and since the type is variable length, we had trouble.
Postgres wasn't copying anything, since length was 0, hence the NULL -
>key.
So here's little request. Could someone please put ASSERT somewhere
that would make it visible to ppl that are as stupid as me, and
forgot to fill that field out?
Would be great, me myself I have no idea where it should go really.

Thanks again.

p.s.. yeah, good docs on gist are still missing, I mean tutorial, or
really really good docs.
I have to thank here to AndrewSN for all the help, and have enough
patience to help me, even through I sometimes ask too many stupid
questions, or simply try to do stuff my way, rather than use his very
good suggestions. Thank You.

--
GJ