Re: SQL classes

From: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: "Ewan, Michael" <michael(dot)ewan(at)intel(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL classes
Date: 2007-12-19 19:38:38
Lists: pdxpug
On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Ewan, Michael wrote:

> What is your recommendation for SQL programming classes (local
> preferred)?  I'm in the process of learning SQL the hard way, by
> debugging someone else's code.  I'm dealing with MS SQL server 2005
> but
> long term plan on migrating to PostgreSQL.

They used to have a Databases class at OGI. We have two PSU Intro to
Databases teachers on this list - but that's not necessarily what
you're after. I don't have direct experience with any database courses.

Command Prompt, Inc. is fairly local, supports PostgreSQL, and they
offer on-site training in the Portland area. Does anyone else know of
a local training company?

I learned most of what I know by debugging someone else's PL/PgSQL,
so I feel your pain, Michael!

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann