FW: ODBC help

From: "Abhishek Jain" <AJain(at)parkerglobal(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)>
Subject: FW: ODBC help
Date: 2006-06-12 18:10:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I hope you are having a good day. Please see the attached
"error.jpg". I am unable to connect to the postgres database via excel
as indicated by the error:

"could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is
the server running on host "10.1.9.154" and accepting TCP/IP connections
on port 5432?"

I have tried looking for the resolution online as well in the included
documentations but so far have been unsuccessful. Would you please
assist and tell me what I am not doing right. So far I have followed all
installation instructions included in the manual. I also have been able
to create and modify tables using the "psql to postgres" utility. Please
let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks in advance and also for the great product and for keeping the
community alive.

Abhishek Jain
Senior Risk Analyst
Parker Global Strategies, LLC
1177 Summer Street, Sixth Floor
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone (203) 358-4023
Fax (203) 358-4012
Cell (201) 208-4560
abhishek(dot)jain(at)parkerglobal(dot)com
www.parkerglobal.com

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
delete this e-mail from your system.