Re: Problems with SSL

From: "Brandon Aiken" <BAiken(at)winemantech(dot)com>
To: "Hackenberg, Rick" <Rick(dot)Hackenberg(at)primedia(dot)com>,<pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with SSL
Date: 2007-01-16 21:50:22
Lists: pgsql-novice
You seem to be using self-signed SSL certificates.  This error is due to
the fact that your remote systems can't validate with a known
certificate authority (CA), because your DB server is the CA and your
remote systems don't trust that as a CA.  Note that, by default, a
system doesn't even trust itself AFAIR.

Save the SSL certificates into .crt or .cer files and then import them
into the remote computer's root authority.  You can access installed
certificates in Windows 2000/XP/2003 in Control Panel --> Internet
Options --> Content tab --> Certificates button.

You can use group policy to publish certificates, or you can get a cert
from a known, trusted SSL authority like Verisign.

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer