I am happy to announce the release of E-Maj 1.0.0
This new E-Maj version is features rich and reliable enough to justify its "1.0.0" status.
E-Maj is a PostgreSQL extension that offers the capability to:
- log updates performed on one or several sets of tables,
- cancel these updates if needed, and reset a tables set to a predefined stable state.
This major version brings many enhancements and some bug fixes.
The major improvements are focused on:
- an easier support of large databases having a large number of tables, with
- more flexibility in the management of tablespaces for log tables and indexes,
- a new facility to spread log tables on several schemas,
- performance improvements, in particular for all internal checks,
- some minor changes to help in continuous logging
- more flexibility when table structures change, with a new emaj_alter_group() function
The CHANGES file lists all feature evolutions and fixes.
As previously, this E-Maj version is available on pgfoundry.org (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/emaj/) as well as on the PGXN web site.
And now, E-Maj source files are also available on github (https://github.com/beaud76/emaj and https://github.com/beaud76/emaj_doc)
The delivered package contains a detailed user's guide and a quick presentation of the extension.
If you already use a previous version of E-Maj, you are encourage to move to this 1.0.0. The migration from previous version is easy and quick. It can even be done while tables groups are in recording mode.
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2012-12-10 06:38:59|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - December 09 2012 ==|
|Previous:||From: Dan Langille||Date: 2012-12-09 00:09:07|
|Subject: PGCon 2013 - call for papers|