Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs head doesn't pass make check on one of the machines here
Date: 2009-11-13 20:37:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 13 Nov 2009, at 19:39, Tom Lane wrote:

>> On fre, 2009-11-13 at 15:05 +0100, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
>>> As per Tom's - yes, this laptop has LANG set to UTF8 Polish. Setting
>>> it back to EN actually makes this error go away.
>
>> The Polish locale isn't supported by the regression tests.
>
> With only one result-ordering difference, it seems like we could easily
> support that if there were enough demand. I'd want somebody running a
> buildfarm machine in Polish locale, though, to catch future breakages.

Setting the LANG variable doesn't change behaviour, unfortunately - and it passes on other computers. But changing it on the machine with Polish locale does make it pass, weird.

(I barely use Polish locales, even tho I was born long time ago in that country, so it is hard to test it for me - on daily basis. But I will try to re-test it every so often).